Thursday, August 27, 2009

Difference Maker 1: Wavy Gravy



Helena Hernandez and Nancy Black put together a beautiful eBook, Difference Makers: Environmental Portraits by Isaac Hernandez, featuring the photographs I was lucky to take with some amazing people, from Amy Tan to Wavy Gravy. The eBook is available for free at IsaacHernandez.com.

Following the example of other photographers, and using my experience in filmmaking, I created a multimedia presentation with photographs I took of one of the Difference Makers. I dedicate it to Wavy, and my friend Lisa Law, who just completed a full documentary on Wavy, Saint Misbehavin': The Wavy Gravy Movie.

The sound is a bit rough, since it was recorded for the purpose of transcribing the interview for print (please receive my apologies), but well worth listening. The full interview and photographs are available for publication.

I will be putting together more of these videos, featuring Isabel Allende, Michael Pollan, Tan, etc.

Enjoy, and please comment.

No comments:

Post a Comment