Friday, November 27, 2009

Of Cars and Men

I grew up surrounded by cars. I evolved to be a car photographer and writer, very respected (so they say) around the world. My stories, which I write in Spanish and/or English, have been translated to Afrikaans, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Mandarin Chinese, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Swedish... For the last nine months the car magazine industry has been very thrifty. I've focused my efforts on photographing people, mostly leaders in the environmental movement, and some weddings. You can see a great wedding multimedia show here. I have also started writing a column on cars and the environment for China Auto Pictorial. You can read some of my columns in my car blog, AutoTao.com.

I've really enjoyed this time of new exploration. My perspective on the auto industry has shifted completely. I drove the Nissan Leaf for Quatro Rodas magazine in Brazil (gallery here). And I photographed the Nissan 370Z Convertible (gallery here) and the Chevrolet Corvette Grand Sport (gallery here) for Auto Bild Sportscars in Germany. The electric Leaf represents the future of the automobile, when people will have solar panels on the roof of their homes to power their car. Getting solar panels is easier thanks to Pace. You can read about it in my Chinese column in AutoTao.com.

I foresee a day in which sports cars will become what Harley-Davidson motorbikes are to most Americans, toys to go out on the weekend, or to dream about while you look at pictures in magazines. Our daily drivers will be fuel efficient cars, like the Leaf. Having said this, enjoy the pictures.


Nissan 370Z Convertible

Nissan 370Z Roadster

Nissan Leaf

Chevrolet Corvette Grand Sport

No comments:

Post a Comment