Thursday, November 26, 2009

The Sound of Pictures



I just discovered PhotoSound, see the demo below. I can think of some fun art projects with this idea! Have you ever tried playing The Beatles' Abbey Road record backwards? Is it "I buried Paul" or "Cranberry Sauce" that you hear? Being Thanksgiving Day today, maybe it's the second one. I'm dying to find the answer by photosounding the cover image.

Incidentally, the famous crosswalk photograph was taken by Iain Macmillan, with only 10 minutes for the session. It´s usually the quick photo shoots that turn out most remarkable. Macmillan died in 2006 of lung cancer at the age of 67 (read obituary at The Guardian here).

My friend and great photographer Coco Van Oppens, told me that the man in the background of Iain´s image was her math teacher. Coco, who has an imdb page (here) is doing great work in South Africa. Check out her page here, where she features a beautiful photo essay of an EcoTherapy program for victims of war.


No comments:

Post a Comment