Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Bigelow and the others


Kathryn Bigelow through the lens of the 5D Mark II

I have a new camera, a Canon 5D Mark II, courtesy of by brother. Thank you brother! You know who you are.

I've been taking pictures at the Santa Barbara International Film Festival. And I've been writing about it. I'm really loving distilling the events into fun and quick reads. One person stood above the rest, Kathryn Bigelow, so I wrote about her in my blog. You can read my latest stories, in Spanish, here:

This is a war! Impressions from watching Kathryn Bigelow's "The Hurt Locker" and Miguel Littin's "Dawson, Isla 10"
The Latin Vote Decisive, about a study by America´s Voice that promotes immigration reform, claiming that Latinos can turn 40 different elections come November.
James Cameron, receives Modern Master Award from Arnold Schwarzenegger and talks about the environmental message of Avatar.
Sandra Bullock, candidate to Best Actress and Worst Actress gets candid about her good and bad choices in filmmaking.
Palin´s dirty laundry, about Todd Palin´s influence in the Alaskan government, and about Diana Palin´s ilegal robbery to get money for drugs.
The Silence of the Whales, about the proposal for a quiet zone to protect marine mammals from deathly military sonars.

No comments:

Post a Comment